Jun 13, 2010

Crispy Bacon Cut Pork Belly (Liempo)


I saw this bacon-thin liempo (pork belly) last week and I asked hubby if he'll eat it. He said yes but as a palaman (sandwich filling)...huh as palaman? But it's not the processed bacon...

I still bought it while dreaming of a wonderful breakfast for the next day. I kept it in the freezer.

A week later, yes, I forgot about this, I took the poor liempo from the freezer, thawed and marinated it with my favorite fried liempo marinade...very easy to make, you only need 10 minutes of your time to prepare the marinade. The marinade was fully absorbed by the thin meat, and the taste was divine...i love crispy liempos and all its cholesterols hihihi!!!

Served with fried egg, steamed rice, and vinegar for dipping, i had a very filling breakfast.

....but I'm still thinking for other ways to cook this meat aside from frying it.

For those who want to try this yummy liempo, here's the recipe.

Serves 2.

Ingredients
250g bacon cut liempo (pork belly)
1/4 cup vinegar
5 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and Pepper

1. Combine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Marinate the meat for at least 30-40 minutes
2. Fry until crispy.
3. Serve with egg and hot rice

Enjoy!

No comments: