Oct 1, 2010

Baked Herbed Chicken Strips

Last Friday morning, on my way to the FX terminal, a neighbor (an old woman) greeted me good morning and casually said "tabachingching" (cutesie patootsie way of say fat). I smiled at her and jokingly said, "wala po kasi makain sa bahay heheh!" (I don't have anything to eat in the house e). And I continued to walk.

After 15 steps, another neighbor greeted me again and said "Kumars tumataba ka yata?" (You're getting fat?) Poor me, all i can do was to smile.

Before reaching the pharmacy, another person called me by saying "taba" (Fat)!

KABLAG! BOOM! OK enough! I quickly decided to go on diet again! For 3 people to say that to me on the same day, in 15 minutes, I confirmed that yes, I gained too much weight na!

Since I don't feel like going into Southbeach Diet now (I have cupcake projects coming up! and I have to taste them!), I will cut down my carb intake but I will make sure that the taste of the food that I'll eat will not suffer.

I browsed my books and the internet for the easy to make but still tasty recipes that at the same time will help me push my weight down.

For the first entry, I'll have the Baked Herbed Chicken Strips. Very tasty and easy to make. I just mixed all the coating in a plastic put the egg dipped chicken strips and broil them. They are done in 20 minutes! I found this wonderful recipe from this website. She used chicken tenders, a portion from chicken breast. What I used is just the whole chicken breast and then cut them into strips.


Here's the recipe for the chicken...


Ingredients:
2 chicken breast, cut into strips
Salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup panko or Japanese bread crumbs.
2 tbsps Italian herbs, I used McCormick
Salt to season the breading
2 tbsps olive oil

Procedure:
1. Wash and drain chicken breast. Cut into strips and then season with salt and pepper.
2. Combine the Italian herbs, bread crumbs and salt in a plastic bag. Shake well.
3. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg and transfer them into the breading mixture and shake them to coat the meat well.
4. Transfer the meat in the baking pan and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Broil for 15 minutes or until the coat turns brown.

Serve with gravy or with vegetable salad. You can also make a chicken sandwich with this recipe. Just put veggies, a lowfat mayonnaise, pickles and this chicken in wheat bread and you'll have you hearty and guilt free sandwich..

Enjoy!

No comments: