Nov 7, 2010

Pork Binagoongan (Pork in Shrimp Paste)

Hello!!! I'm back...! I am sorry for being absent for more than a month. As much as I wanted to post, I didn't have extra time to do it. Christmas planning at work, deadlines, etc...haaay! 


But anyway, I want to share to you one of my favorite dish. The pork binagoongan (pork in shrimp paste). Well, there's nothing so hard in cooking this dish but what I like the most is how well it goes with rice. The saltiness and sweetness of the shrimp paste is so good, that every time I eat this, the 1 cup of rice promise is being broken. I consider this as one of my comfort food.


Shrimp paste or bagoong alamang is a type of condiment. It is a common ingredient used in Southeast Asian countries. Made from minute shrimp, we love this as a dipping partner for green mangoes, condiment for kare-kare, salting agent for pinakbet and the key ingredient for binagoongan. 


Here's the recipe for Pork Binagoongan. You will only need few ingredients for this dish.




Ingredients


3/4 of a 250g bottle of shrimp paste. (I used the barrio fiesta brand)
250g pork belly, sliced into bite size pieces
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tomato, diced. 


Procedure


1. Fry the pork belly until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Saute onion and garlic. Add the tomato. 
3. Put back the pork in the pan, and stir in the shrimp paste until all pork has been covered. Cook for 5 minutes.


Served with hot, steaming rice...

No comments: