Jan 3, 2011

Christmas Eve Dinner

I know it's already late, but anyhoo...Merry Christmas and Happy new year everyone!


Again, I've been very busy and I finally found a little time from my super hectic schedule to update my blog. Nothing special happened during those days, and I barely touched anything in the kitchen...well except for the utensils that I'm using to eat hehehe!


So, to rekindle my love affair with food, I volunteered to cook for our Christmas eve dinner! Tiring but happy! Coz I literally was the only one who prepared the food, no help period!


But it was worth it...really. 


Here are the pictures of our food. I prepared the lasagna (click here for recipe), which is now my official choice of pasta, the herb roasted chicken which I got from here with gravy from chicken drippings, and the cheesy vegetable, my family's all time veggie favorite!


The dessert, buko salad, not included in the picture was prepared by my mommy (oh yes, she helped pala). The sandwich, also not in the picture, with ham (that i preferred fried rather than just sliced straightly from the big circle of ham) went with the bread, some lettuce, tomato and a little mayo...simple but yummy!


Cheesy vegetables, (fried) ham slices, lasagna, roast chicken
a little of everything...
Of course, I enjoyed the night because I ate and spent time with my family. That's the most important thing right! The family that eats together, gets fat together! heheheh...


Again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone! I wish you all the best and happiness in life!!! 


Cheers to the wonderful year ahead!!!

No comments: